Our Catholic Communities around Southern Africa
Our Catholic communities around southern Africa
By Cindy Wooden, Catholic News Service Pope Francis, in mourning for the deaths of his nephew’s wife and two small children, thanked people at his weekly general audience for their prayers.
From Jill Hopwood, Port Elizabeth Father Ron Rolheiser’s article “Suicide: Reclaiming memories” (July 30) was indeed a timeous read for my family and me, having some weeks before experienced the horror of all horrors.
My fiancée of nine years is Muslim and I am Catholic. We are supportive of each other’s religion and feel that as the fundamental beliefs are essentially similar, there is no need to convert. We would like to marry in the Catholic faith and in Islam. His imam is more than willing to marry us [...]
Free Weekly e-Newsletter
Your window into the Catholic world.
- Community pictures – August 13, 2014 August 22, 2014
- Community pictures – August 6, 2014 August 22, 2014
- Pope: Thank you for your prayers August 21, 2014
- Mental illness: Little from the clergy August 21, 2014
- The mental health stigma August 20, 2014