The Flaw in Prayer for SA
Damian McLeish, Johannesburg – I draw attention to the following facts which are relevant to the Catholic bishops’ #Wepray4SouthAfrica campaign, calling on South Africans to pray every Friday until mid-December for the healing of our country.
- On every day in our nation the lives of many unborn infants are terminated in our hospitals and clinics by legalised abortion on demand.
- Almighty God, although infinitely merciful, is also infinitely just and thus incapable of cooperating with the forces of evil. He thus cannot continue to bless or assist a nation which, unrepentant, persists with the evil of legalised abortion on demand.
- Mother Teresa of Calcutta frequently stated: “There can never be peace in the world while there is violence in the womb.”
- The bishops’ prayer omits any reference to legalised abortion in our country and also any entreaty to Almighty God to assist us in abolishing this evil here.
In conclusion, for the above reasons, if the said prayer is not timeously amended to remedy the above defects, it could eventually turn out to be futile.
Latest posts by Letters Editor (see all)
- If Pope is Innocent of Vigano’s Claim, Let Him Say So - October 16, 2018
- This Violence is Not Who We Are! - October 16, 2018
- Our Faith is not Based on Mystery - October 15, 2018