Stations of the Cross Online
What are the Stations of the Cross?
Stations of the Cross by Diocese of Little Rock, Arkansas – https://www.dolr.org/stations-of-the-cross
From the earliest days of Christianity, pilgrims journeyed to Jerusalem to walk in the footsteps of Christ’s passion on the road to Calvary. Tradition holds that Mary, the mother of Jesus, herself led by example in making daily visits to the sites of her Son’s sufferings, death and resurrection following his ascension into heaven. More than 2,000 years later, however, Christians are still trying to grasp the saving gift of Jesus by meditating on or reenacting his crucifixion through what has come to be known as the stations of the cross.
How to pray the stations
The following is the most common approach when practising this Lenten devotion:
- Opening prayer
- Read or Say: “First Station: Jesus is condemned to death.”
- Pray: “We adore you O Christ and we praise you. Because by your holy cross, you have redeemed the world.”
- Read Scripture describing station: (i.e. Luke 23:23-25)
- Reflect on station
- Closing prayer
Stations of the Cross by Diocese of Little Rock, Arkansas
Please support The Southern Cross
Your support means we can keep Catholic news alive so that many others will have free access to the high-quality, trustworthy news they deserve. We seek your support not simply to survive, but to grow in our mandate to share the Good News and keep you informed about your Church and Catholic faith.
Every contribution, however big or small, makes a difference. Support us today – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
- The Southern Cross Over the Decades: 12 Issues for Subscribers - October 29, 2020
- SA Church gives Clarity on the Homosexual Civil Union Issue - October 23, 2020
- St Francis Xavier Seminarians Go Home - October 23, 2020