Marfam Goes Digital
Like many other NGOs and Church movements, the family ministry Marfam is experiencing financial difficulties, and is trying to address them by adopting new strategies.
“We’ve managed to be a promoter of family awareness, enrichment, strengthening and education for almost 25 years; in magazines, booklets, workshops and retreats,” said Marfam’s Toni Rowland.
“We can’t say the time has come to close shop but rationalisation demands that we cut down on printing and build up the digital, online aspect,” she said.
In future, Marfam will publish the following media digitally only:
• Thoughts For The Day, previously published in booklets, will be sent out by e-mail to subscribers and published on the website www.marfam.org.za, Facebook and twitter. E-mail email@example.com to register for this and/or the weekly e-newsletter.
• Marfam’s website (www.marfam.org.za) will be upgraded to be a resource with articles on important marriage and family-related topics and links to other resources.
• An online magazine is envisaged for the near future.
“To assist us in financing these plans, we are requesting donations,” Ms Rowland said. “From R20 to R200 per month you will qualify as a subscriber.”
Payment can be made on www.marfam.org.za through Payfast (021 300-4455).
Latest posts by Admin (see all)
- 2019 World Union of Catholic Women’s Organisations Mass - June 8, 2019
- Make the Southern Cross a Vital Read for Catholics - June 4, 2019
- Holy Land & Oberammergau with The Southern Cross August 2020 - May 2, 2019